The Best Beach Shoes to Keep Sand Out (5 Comfortable Options)
Table of Contents
Spending the day at the beach can be one of the most rewarding experiences, especially when you are surrounded by friends and family. The only thing that may be able to damper your day is the constant annoyance of sand getting into your shoes.
Just because you’re at the beach doesn’t mean that you need to walk around with sand between your toes the entire time. If you’re looking to enjoy the sea and sun with dry comfortable feet, look into finding the best beach shoes to keep sand out.
Types of Beach Shoes
The first step to finding the best beach shoes to keep sand out is being aware of what your options are. There are various types of shoes that are designed for wear at the beach. The main four types of beach water shoes are:
- Water Sandals: these shoes are meant for walking around the beach and its surrounding areas while being able to get your feet wet without issue. Though these shoes are not open in the back like flip-flops, they still leave your feet mostly exposed.
- Water Shoes: there are many designs in the category of water shoes. Generally, they are known for having good traction and being comfortable like water sandals. The main difference is that they also have a closed toe for added protection. In fact, many water shoes are closed all around and even stick to your feet, ensuring that sand does not find its way in.
- Wet Shoes: if you plan to spend most of your time in the water while on the beach, you should consider a pair of wet shoes. However, they are not very practical if you would like to be able to transition seamlessly from the beach to its surrounding areas.
- Boat Shoes: this type of shoe is the most stable and will leave you feeling like you’re still wearing ‘real’ shoes on the beach. While they will keep the sand from getting into your toes, it’s important to keep in mind that boat shoes usually cannot be submerged in water.
When it comes down to it, the most practical types of shoes for the beach when you’re concerned about keeping the sand out are water shoes or boat shoes. The choice depends on your personal preferences.
Choosing Your Beach Shoes
As you prepare to choose the shoes you will wear to the beach, it’s helpful to think about how you will spend your time in the sand and sun. Keep these factors in mind:
- Water-Friendly: it’s important to think about whether you want a pair of beach shoes that will let you run in and out of the water without taking them off and putting them back on each time.
- Transition-Friendly: if you’re planning to spend some time on the beach and sometimes walking around its surrounding areas, it makes sense to invest in a pair of beach shoes that you can wear all day. So, you will need to look out for support and traction.
- Closed Shoes: one of the easiest ways to keep sand out is to wear closed shoes. Even if you want to wear shoes that can be worn in the water, you can find closed options.
The Top 5 Pairs of Beach Shoes to Keep Sand Out
1. Wave Men’s Waterproof Water Shoes
The Wave Men’s Waterproof Water Shoes are an excellent choice if you’re looking to spend a day enjoying the sand, water, and the surrounding areas of the beach without needing to change your shoes once. They are made from neoprene, which means they are lightweight, breathable, and comfortable even with all-day wear.
These water shoes will keep you on your feet all day long, but if you need extra arch support, you may want to invest in a separate insert for optimal comfort.
2. Zhuanglin Men’s Quick Drying Aqua Water Shoes
The Zhuanglin Men’s Aqua Water Shoes are the ideal option if you like to feel like you are wearing athletic shoes. These water shoes are designed like sneakers and give you the flexibility and support to move as if you were gearing up to play sports.
While they are built like sneakers, the upper part of these shoes is made of breathable mesh, so you will not overheat throughout the day. Their closed design will keep the sand away from the crevices in between your toes.
3. Speedo Men’s Surfwalker 3.0 Water Shoe
Speedo is one of the most popular brands when it comes to water accessories, and if you invest in their Surfwalker 3.0 Water SHoes, you will understand why. They are constructed with breathable and quick-drying materials for all-day, long-lasting comfort.
The closed design will keep the sand out and the no-slip grip will allow you to explore and climb around the beach you’re visiting.
4. Barerun Barefoot Quick-Dry Water Sports Shoes
The Barerun Water Sports Shores come in a variety of color combinations and fit your feet like a sock. If you plan to spend most of your beach day between the water and sand, then these shoes may be the right pick for you.
They have a durable rubber sole and are made with breathable fabric with high flexibility. The close around your feet and will not allow any sand to get stuck inside.
5. Go Tour Men’s Slip On Loafers Boat Shoes for Beach
The Go Tour Boat Shoes are a reliable option for a day at the beach because they are built to be breathable and to facilitate drainage when they are submerged in water.
These shoes have strong soles which provide useful traction, so you can walk on all terrains. The shoe comes in a variety of colors and has the classic look of a boat shoe while providing the versatility of a water shoe.
To keep your day at the beach as pleasant as possible, invest in a reliable pair of beach shoes that will be practical while keeping the sand out. Try them on, pack a bag, and head to the beach!