Best Black Pants for Curvy Figure (Hip Huggers)
Table of Contents
Having a curvy body can be a blessing and curse, especially when it comes to finding clothes. On one hand, when you find the right fit for your curves, you know that your body will look amazing, but finding the perfect measurements can feel challenging. That’s why it’s important to take your time to find the best black pants for curvy figures even if it is difficult they are a staple in your wardrobe.
Choosing Pants for Curvy Thighs
One of the biggest challenges in finding the best black pants for a curvy figure is getting them to fit comfortably around your thighs. Does that sound familiar? You’re not alone. All curvy women know the struggle of finding pants that hug their thighs in just the right places.
- Accept Yourself: don’t force your body into a pair of pants that is not cut in the right style for you. You will find another style that flatters those curvy thighs of yours.
- Mind Your Fabric: having thick and juicy thighs means that thinner fabrics may just be too weak to handle you. Check out the way the light plays of different fabrics to make sure that you find one that will be comfortable and flattering.
- Embrace Space: don’t be ashamed or afraid to choose pants that are a size or two bigger. That could be the difference between a normal, comfortable day and a tortuous day of tight and sticky pants.
- Meet Your Tailor: find a neighborhood tailor that you feel comfortable with so that you can make sure to get your pants to fit you as well as possible.
Curvy thighs are a good thing, they bring you a feminine and sexy silhouette, all you need to do is dress them well.
What to Look For: Best Fitting Women’s Dress Pants
You don’t need to be a rocket scientist to be able to find the perfect dress pants for your curvy body, you just need to know exactly what to look for. Since you’ll be searching for black pants that fit the bill, it’s easier to pay attention to things you don’t want in a pair of pants.
Here is what you want to avoid:
- Creases across the crouch, which look almost like a smile.
- Panty lines. This is non-negotiable, you simply don’t need to wear dress pants that tight. They’re not healthy!
- A fit too high or low above the belly button. While higher may make you feel more secure, too low can leave your outfit looking sloppy.
- The crouch inseam that sits too high or too low. You don’t need it to be so baggy that it’s halfway to your knees, but you also don’t want to fall prey to the dreaded camel toe.
- Do the pinch test. Make sure that you’re able to pinch at least an inch of fabric away from your skin. If not, the pants are too tight!
Pay attention to these “don’ts,” and you’re sure to find the right dress pants for your curvy figure. The goal is to look effortlessly.
5 Best Dress Pants for Curvy Figures
If you need a little guidance, check out these 5 fabulous pairs of dress pants.
1. LEE Women’s Relaxed-Fit All Day Pant
For a pair of dress pants that will suit you for a day at work or another formal event, but will still be a comfortable fit, go with the LEE Relaxed-Fit All Day Pant. These pants, available in black, as well as other colors, are made from quality cotton and spandex, easy to wash, and very affordable.
Although you will find yourself feeling comfortable and having no difficulty wearing these pants, even for a long day, the people around you will take the impression of a chic and sleekly dressed woman.
2. Red Hanger Womens Bootcut Stretch Dress Pants
Made from a combination of rayon, nylon, and spandex, the Red Hanger Bootcut Dress Pants give you a put-together look while allowing you to spend your day feeling relaxed and at ease. Deceivingly simple, you’ll just pull on these pants and be ready to go to whatever occasion is calling you.
For a very affordable price, you get convenience, comfort, practicality, and style, all in one pair of pants.
3. Rafaella Women’s Curvy Fit Gabardine Boot Leg Trouser
Designed specifically for curvy figures, the Rafaella Boot Leg Trousers are made to flatter your figure with their slightly flared leg. Don’t worry about maintaining the quality of these pants, all you need to do is machine wash them and they will be ready to wear after a quick ironing!
With a button-closing front and pockets in the back, these pants give you the classic black dress and work pant look.
4. Rekucci Curvy Woman Ease In To Comfort Fit Barely Bootcut Plus Size Pant
Sometimes having curvy thighs means finding yourself looking for pants in the plus size section. Do not fret, there are actually great choices there, which will make your body look better than ever. The Rekucci Curvy Bootcut Pants are the perfect example. Made from rayon, nylon, and spandex, you’ll get comfort and practicality as you go throughout your day.
You even get real, usable pockets in the front and belt loops to add a pop of style, if you please.
5. Chicwe Women’s Plus Size Work Pants Trousers Curvy Fit Bootcut
Another option for if you find yourself in need of plus sizes, the Chicwe Curvy Fit Bootcut will give your curves the right boosts in the right places. These pants are made of polyester, viscose, and elastane so that you can move around without any issues.
What you’ll appreciate most about these pants is that they’re wrinkle-resistant, which makes them the perfect choice for work trips or traveling to formal events.
While the task of finding the perfect dress pants when you have a curvy figure may seem harder, it can be done, and with excellent results. It just takes a little time and patience!