So you need to bulk up. Shakes are an easy way to add protein to your diet without having to eat two or three steaks a day. The problem is, not every blender is ideal for making a shake. Some blenders are heavy duty ice crushing blenders that will whip your protein shake into a frenzy. You don’t need all that. You just want a mellow machine that will blend your ingredients to frothy perfection. You need the best blender for making protein shakes.
Heavy Duty: No Thanks
What you do not need a supreme experience with wide set blades, super sharp steel, forty-eight ounces of capacity, ready to chop up a small animal, bones and all. Those blenders are great, and you can definitely fi0nd a great one, for your smoothie needs. But a smoothie is very different from a shake. You want the best blender for protein shakes 2017-2018 has to offer, that will serve as your own personal chef.
A small blender, even one that will hold just eight or sixteen ounces is plenty. Often, you can find a blender or mixer that will both blend your drink and then serve as a to-go cup for you to down your shake on the way to the gym. Perfect. You can always grab a simple glass container blender, BPA free that is dishwasher safe of course. The options are legion.
Protein Shakes of All Varieties
The thing about protein shakes is that they come in all shapes and sizes. Some shakes are simple powder form, mix with water and shake by hand. Some hand shakers come with a spring inside to make sure you get all the powder mixed and evenly distributed. Other protein shakes call for a banana, maybe even some frozen berries, to ensure proper absorption and digestion of the protein you are imbibing.
What you’ll want to do is review the list here and compare it to what you actually use for your own shake. That way, you know you aren’t dealing with a blender that is just powerful enough for your needs. For example, if you are blending frozen goods in your shake, get a more powerful motor. If you’re just mixing powder, grab a hand shaker. You get the idea.
In the end, you may find yourself investing in two or more blenders, so you’ll have one for each specific needs, which can be a good thing. You don’t want your banana chocolate protein shake to taste like your green juice smoothie from the morning before.
Best Blender for Making Protein Shakes:
1. Stainless Steel Protein Shaker
- This shaker is made of excellent quality stainless, steel. You can expect it to last you for years of protein shakes to come. It has a 25-ounce capacity and comes with a mixer ball. This is as low maintenance as you can get.
- The nice thing about stainless steel is it won’t absorb the flavors from your other shakes, so you can count on a fresh shake every time. Not everyone wants strawberry vanilla mixing with chocolate banana. Click here to read more about Stainless Steel Protein Shaker on Amazon.
2. #1 Pride Shaker Bottle
- The Pride Shaker is what you will find in most heavy lifter’s hands. This shaker is backed by the top experts in the field. The plastic, BPA free bottle has a snap on lid and a cyclone insert that will guarantee no clumps or chunks, even with peanut butter.
- You can also use this bottle as a fruit infuser; just insert your fruit into the insert and drink freely. It is dishwasher safe and easy to clean. This is your ideal protein shake blender bottle. For the price, you can’t beat the technology.
3. HaloVa Electric Juicer Cup
- This is a powered mixer, but it is still small and manageable. It holds 500 ml and can blend fruits and vegetables into your shakes for you if need be. This also means that you don’t have to buy two shakers if you don’t want to.
- You can make a fruit and/or veggie smoothie from your favorite protein shake blender recipe in the afternoon and then blend your protein shake up at night. The container is silicone material, so it won’t absorb flavors from other mixes, and it is BPA free, so you can feel certain you are also not absorbing chemicals you’d rather not have in your body. Click here to view HaloVa Electric Juicer Cup on Amazon.
4. Milk Frother
- Who needs a mixer when you can just get frothier? This Wand will dip right into your cup and stir it up for you. It is basically the electric toothbrush of mixers. It is made of stainless steel and is battery powered, so head over to Costco or Amazon and buy yourself an endless supply of batteries for this gadget. At the end of the wand is a coil that will pulsate into your drink until all powders and chunks are dissolved. A dream come true. Click here to see Amazon’s current pricing on Milk Frother.
5. USB Juicer Cup
This is a top of the line, portable, rechargeable juicer cup. It doesn’t even look like a blender. It just looks like a fancy juice cup. You can turn it on to blend your protein shake, and go. You can even blend again, in your car on the way to the gym, if you feel like powder has settled at the bottom.
- When you are back home and settled after the gym, just connect your portable juicer cup to its USB port to charge and you’ll be ready to go again the next day. Click here to read reviews posted about USB Juicer Cup on Amazon.
To Blend or Not to Blend
Well, that’s silly. Of course , ou blend. You don’t want a mouth full of protein powder. But it is a big decision whether you want a hand shaker or something powered up.
Blades may do you some good in the event you are mixing more than just a scoop of Muscle Milk. On the other hand, who needs the hassle of USB cords and blades to clean? Either way, be sure you blend well, and blend often, because, after all, you don’t want a mouth full of powder.