Pregnancy can be one of the most exciting times in your life. There are so many things to think about and plan ahead for. The bras you will wear while pregnant may not be at the forefront of your mind, but they will make a big difference in how comfortable you are throughout those nine months. Take your time to find the best bra for first trimester.
How to Choose Pregnancy Bras
When you’re searching for the best bra for first trimester, the best thing to do is keep your whole pregnancy and its aftermath in mind. You’ve probably noticed that there are both maternity and nursing bras, but the reality is that the only difference between them is an opening that facilitates breastfeeding. With that in mind, it may be a good plan to invest in bras that will serve you throughout your pregnancy and continue to function as nursing bras once you give birth.
It may seem early to start thinking about maternity bras during your first trimester, but it’s not. Your breasts may change overnight and go from their normal size to larger and cause you pain. Investing in a comfortable and supportive maternity bra will ease your transition.
Pregnancy Bras that Grow with You
If you like the idea of making an investment in a few bras to accompany you throughout your pregnancy and birth journey, then there are a few factors you should keep in mind while searching for the right model.
Here is what you should keep in mind:
- Know What You’re Looking For: it will not suffice to simply buy a larger version of the bra you usually wear on a daily basis. Maternity bras are designed to provide you with extra support and cushioning for any pain that arises.
- The Right Fit: when it comes to maternity bras, you need to make sure that the one you choose is not too tight, as this can interfere with milk production. Try to choose maternity bras that offer full and extra coverage and fit loosely, while supporting your breasts.
- Style: just like regular bras, maternity bras come in a large collection of styles. Take into account what your daily activities will consist of during your first trimester and choose a style that will suit your needs.
- Comfort Focused: make sure that whatever maternity bra you choose has enough extra cushioning and comfort to keep you feeling secure and making it through the day with the least amount of pain possible. While you may not realize it now, once your breasts start enlarging, you’ll want as much cushion and support as you can get.
5 Best Maternity Bras
1. HOFISH 3PACK Full Bust Seamless Nursing Maternity Bras
The HOFISH Seamless Nursing Maternity Bra is designed to make the transition from pregnancy to motherhood with you. The bra is made from soft and stretchy fabric that will feel comfortable on your skin while moving with you naturally throughout the day. This bra is designed with adjustable straps and side widening, so you will be able to keep fixing the size throughout your whole pregnancy and beyond.
The bra comes with molded cups, which can be removed if you prefer a more natural feel and look. They will likely come in handy during your first trimester once your breasts start growing! These bras are an affordable option to start building up your maternity collection and you should choose based on what size sports bra you wear. Once your baby is born, you’ll be able to continue wearing this bra for nursing.
2. Kindred Bravely Extra Soft Organic Cotton Wireless Nursing & Maternity Sleep Bra
The Kindred Bravely bra is an ideal option if you prefer the feeling of soft, full-coverage. This bra is made from ultra-soft organic cotton and makes your skin feel pampered when you’re wearing it. This bra is designed specifically for fluctuating breast sizes and has no clasps or hooks to deal with, making it super easy to wear and nurse with.
If you find that your breasts are especially tender during your first trimester and later, you can wear this bra while you sleep for gentle but firm support and cushioning. The soft band will leave you feeling like you’re barely wearing a bra, just make sure to get the right size.
3. iLoveSIA 3PACK Women’s Seamless Nursing Bra Bralette
The iLoveSIA bralettes are another great option to walk you through your entire pregnancy and be with you while you start breastfeeding. These bras are made without an underwire, but instead with soft foam cups that provide cushioning and support to your breasts as they change throughout pregnancy.
The seamless and soft fabric is comfortable enough to wear all day and even at night to sleep, if you find that you need extra cushioning. You will be able to wear this bra as your breasts grow and shrink, as the back closes with a 4-column hook and eye system, which allows you the utmost control over fit. Click here to see Amazon’s current pricing on iLoveSIA Nursing Bra Bralette.
4. Gratlin Women’s Padded Maternity Underwire Nursing Bra With Full Sling
If you prefer the classic design of a bra over one that is closer to a sports style, then check out the Gratlin Underwire Bra with Full Sling. This bra is designed like a classic t-shirt bra and provides support with the underwire and shaping with slight padding in the cups. The shoulder straps are adjustable, so you will be able to wear this bra throughout your pregnancy and afterward. Click here to read more about Gratlin Nursing Bra on Amazon.
5. Loving Moments by Leading Lady Women’s Underwire T-Shirt Nursing Bra
The Loving Moments bra is an excellent option to add to your wardrobe to keep the feminine touch and not feeling like you’re stuck with only bland maternity bras. This bra provides the necessary support and flexibility to walk you through your first, second and third trimesters while keeping a charming aesthetic.
The most logical way to approach your search for maternity bras for your first trimester is to imagine all that is to come after that. Rather than investing in different bras at each point in your pregnancy, invest a few that will grow with you.