Best Compression Tights for Travel (5 Secure Pairs)
Table of Contents
There are many things to think about when you’re traveling. Besides having to plan ahead for everything involved with packing, you also need to think about what you’ll wear while traveling. If you’re traveling by airplane, you may want to consider adding a form of compression to your flying outfit. Finding the best compression tights for travel will improve your overall experience.
Benefits of Wearing Compression Tights for Travel
Before you begin your search for the best compression tights for travel, it’s important to understand the value of using compression while flying. Other than general comfort, there are a few benefits to wearing compression tights while you’re traveling.
Here’s what to keep in mind:
- Reduce DVT Risk: DVT is a condition that occurs commonly during travel when the blood starts to flow too slowly through your veins. This is followed by blood pooling and causing clotting which blocks deep veins. This is a condition that can be dangerous if not managed, so prevention is the best option. Wearing compression tights while flying in combination with staying hydrated and trying to take short walks up and down the aisles will help you decrease your DVT risk.
- Prevent Swollen Ankles: if you have a job where you sit for long periods of time, you know that your ankles and legs can begin swelling rather quickly when you’re stagnant. While traveling, the rate of swelling increases and the discomfort is more intense because of the cabin pressure. If you wear graduated compression tights, you can fight the accumulation of fluid in your feet that leads to uncomfortable swelling.
- Avoid Tired Legs: remember that your legs play a big role in the proper pumping of blood from the heart throughout the body. When you are inactive for long periods of time, your leg muscles do not have ample opportunity for contraction, meaning that blood is not pumped upward as it should be. This leaves your legs feeling super heavy and tired even if you’ve been sitting for hours. Wearing graduated compression tights will help maintain the natural balance of blood pumping while traveling.
- Aid Recovery: one of the most annoying things about traveling is dealing with the aftermath of jetlag. Wearing compression tights may help you prevent the experience of severe jetlag by keeping your body working properly and your blood flowing well during your travels. You’ll get off the plane without a collection of aches and pains, but with energy to spare.
Top 5 Pairs of Traveling Compression Tights:
1. Futuro Restoring Pantyhose for Women
The Futuro Pantyhose make an excellent choice for travel as they are an affordable option that does not compromise quality. These tights are designed with firm, graduated compression to help keep your blood flowing properly and prevent the uncomfortable effects of swelling while traveling. The Futuro tights are made with a reinforced toe and heel for greater durability and added comfort while wearing with any type of shoes.
Keeping your tights in good shape won’t be difficult, as they are machine washable and air dry for your ease of use. While the graduated compression will do its work during your travels, as you sit for a long period of time, these tights will also help massage your legs once you’re moving again, and help to ward away leg tiredness. The tights are made of a combination of nylon and spandex for ultimate flexibility in your movement.
2. BriteLeafs Opaque Compression Stocking Pantyhose Therapeutic
Another reliable pair of tights for traveling is the BriteLeafs compression pantyhose. These tights come in an opaque black color to fit with your sleek travel outfit, and provide a firm, graduated compression. These medical grade compression tights are designed to provide therapeutic relief to your legs as you travel. The closed-toes tights are made of nylon and spandex, are latex-free, and have reinforced toes and heels for long-lasting durability. The tights will feel soft against your skin and will mold to fit all your curves, even while sitting.
While these tights provide firm support, they do not have an unattractive look, and will easily pass as just another pair of black tights. Another beneficial feature of these tights is that there is no compression in the toes as with some other models. So, you’ll feel free to wiggle your toes as much as you like.
3. TherafirmLIGHT Women’s Footless Support Tights
If you do not like the feeling of having your feet enclosed while flying but still want compression support, check out the Therafirm Light Support Tights. These footless tights are made of nylon and lycra and provide graduated compression to keep your blood flowing smoothly. The Therafirm Light tights are designed with a high waist for extra comfort while traveling for many hours.
4. Opaque Compression Pantyhose Medical Compression Absolute Support Brand
Absolute Support provides a pair of opaque, beige pantyhose that will give you firm, graduated compression with the luxury of an open toe. These high-waisted offer optimal comfort and are made with reinforced toes and heels for many years. Absolute Support has travel in mind and has created these tights with two-way stretch capabilities, which means they are easier to get on and off when you need to visit the toilet while flying!
5. Jomi Compression Pantyhose Collection
Another option for black, opaque compression tights is the model made by Jomi. These tights are made in the USA and have been approved by the FDA as a medical device for their provision of gradient compression therapy. The Jomi tights are made of nylon and spandex which keeps them cool, breathable, and flexible for movement and comfortable traveling. The silky feel and durability of these compression tights will prompt you to stock up on a few pairs.
Even if you don’t have a particular issue that warrants compression tights, using them during travel can save you a lot of unnecessary discomforts Once you add a pair of compression tights to your wardrobe, you won’t want to travel without them!