Best Gloves for Women’s Kickboxing Class (Go Rock It)
Table of Contents
Making the choice to go to a kickboxing class can feel scary, especially as a woman. It seems like there’s a stereotype that this sport is for men, but that couldn’t be further from the truth. Once you get started, you’ll see what value kickboxing holds for you. To make sure that you feel as tough as you are, you need to find the best gloves for womens kickboxing class.
Kickboxing Training Gloves: The Basics
If you’re new to the world of kickboxing, then your search for the best gloves for womens kickboxing class could feel confusing, at first. This is only because you won’t come across a specific section labeling the gloves for this purpose, but there’s no need to worry. You just need to be aware of what you’re looking for.
There are two main types of gloves to choose from to use in your kickboxing class: MMA gloves and boxing gloves. Each type offers different benefits. MMA gloves are:
- Ideal for fitness classes, in terms of hand movement and flexibility.
- Very comfortable.
- Small, lightweight, and easy to wash.
On the other hand, boxing gloves are:
- Loosely fitting for stronger hand wraps or knuckle guards.
- Heavier for a higher level of difficulty in your workout.
- Padded for extra protection.
The choice of glove type is ultimately yours. You should take into consideration your skill level and intentions, in terms of how often you plan to use your gloves, and what course you want to take with your kickboxing classes.
Tips for Using Kickboxing Gloves for Women
It won’t matter how great your kickboxing gloves are if you’re not prepared for what to expect in your kickboxing class. There’s no need to be intimidated, simply go ready to jump in, and you’ll learn as you go.
A few things to remember when you’re going to your kickboxing class are:
- Warmup: it’s best if you take care of your own warmup before your class, just in case you don’t do a sufficient one there. This will help you avoid any possible injuries.
- Form: don’t worry about trying to be the fastest or strongest woman in the class. What you want to work on and give your attention to, is performing your moves with correct and consistent form.
- Hydration: just because it’s not classic cardio, doesn’t mean that you don’t need to drink water before, during, and after your kickboxing class.
- Attire: you’re going to this class for a serious workout, so make sure that you are dressed in sweat.
- Best Yourself: your kickboxing class is not a competition, worry about your own improvement, and only that.
- Cool Down: do not leave your workout without taking a few minutes to breathe and lower your heart rate.
If you just keep these simple tips in mind, you will be able to enjoy how comfortable and effective your new kickboxing gloves are in class!
5 Best Women’s Kickboxing Gloves
Enough talking, it’s time to take action. Check out your best kickboxing glove options.
1. Everlast Women’s Pro Style Training Gloves
When it comes to workout equipment, there’s no going wrong with Everlast, and these training gloves are no exception. The boxing style provides extra padding and protection for your hands, as you focus on building and refining your skills. The gloves are made from synthetic leather, which you will find to be extremely durable, while molding to your hand shape, at the same time.
The mesh palms of the gloves allow your hands to breathe and prevent irritation from sweating. If you’re looking to make an investment in quality for your kickboxing training gloves, these are an excellent option.
2. Sanabul Essential GEL Boxing Kickboxing Training Gloves
Another boxing style model, the Sanabul kickboxing training gloves will allow you to get the real feel of the sport while ensuring that your hands are properly protected. The sleek design comes in black, with the option of lining in various colors, to suit your personal preferences.
An extremely affordable pair of gloves, you will find the fit to be snug, but not tight, and your hands will breathe through the mesh palms.
3. Nayoya Weighted Gloves
If you’re looking for gloves that allow your fingers to move freely as you work out, then you will like the Nayoya Weighted Gloves, which are perfect for kickboxing and can even be used for MMA. Each glove is weighted by 1 pound, adding resistance and greater effectiveness to your workouts.
The gloves are one size fits all, and will stay put, not slipping, no matter the intensity of your exercise. Bring them with you wherever you go, as they are small and easy to pack.
4. Empower Weighted Gloves for Women
Another pair of gloves that will leave your hands feeling free, with movement in your fingers and an uncovered palm, the Empower Weighted Gloves are a great pair for building up your kickboxing skills.
You can adjust the tightness of the gloves according to your own preference with the simple strap, and you will find that the 1-pound weight on each glove stays put throughout your workout.
5. Everlast MMA Kick Boxing Gloves
Once again, Everlast provides you with a reliable and effective option for your kickboxing class. Rather than the boxing glove option you saw before, these gloves are designed for MMA, and make the perfect pair to use for kickboxing.
Your fingers will be free to move, and your palms will feel the air through the mesh covering in that area. Don’t worry about how your wrists will react to your training. These gloves have a full wrap-around wrist strap, which provides stabilization no matter how hard you’re hitting.
Kickboxing is an excellent choice of exercise for both your body and mind. Once you get yourself suited up with the right pair of gloves, you will find that you’re able to release your tension and stress and focus on becoming a more skilled kickboxer. Who knows? You could even go pro!