The 5 Best Old School Aftershave (Back to Classics)
Table of Contents
Travel back in time with our list of best old school aftershave. Aftershaves are often the perfect addition to any man’s toiletries. We have created a list of the best old school aftershave.
They moisturize as well as condition the skin after shaving. For that reason, you should always splash your skin with one of your favorite aftershaves after a nice wet shave. It’s a great way to ensure that your skin stays refreshed and smooth at the same time.
The aftershaves come in different categories. There is the type that has a hot and tingly sensation caused by the alcohol content in it. On the other hand, there is the soothing balm that revitalizes the skin. All in all, both types come in an executive traditional satisfying wet shave content.
1. Proraso Refreshing and Toning Aftershave Lotion
The Proraso old school aftershave takes you back to the times when everyman looked forward to a shave at the barbershop. That feeling of a hot towel to soften up your beard and a shave with a quality razor was golden.
Also, a nice splash of fragrance filled aftershave on both cheeks was the most refreshing feeling ever. This aftershave has been around since 1948. Today, it’s one of the most iconic Italian brand names in the market.
The Proraso is an all-natural aftershave balm made from natural formulas. The aftershave doesn’t have some of the commercial ingredients like artificial colors, silicones as well as parabens which are present in its counterparts.
Instead, the aftershave is made from menthol, witch hazel, and eucalyptus oil. These ingredients play a significant role in purifying, refreshing and reducing rashes after shaving. Also, it has a pleasantly mild and clean smell that doesn’t linger all day like other aftershave balms. It blends in so well with your cologne.
- Made up of 95% natural ingredients
- It has a pleasant mild smell that blends with your cologne
- It refreshes, revitalizes and purifies your skin after the shave.
- The aftershave has a mild medical smell.
2. Aqua Velva Ice Blue After Shave
The Aqua Velva After Shave is one of the oldest after shave products which have been in the market for a very long time. Despite that, it has maintained its popularity strong enough to date.
This aftershave has a sweet and fresh smell that keep your skin refreshed all the time. More to that it has an antibacterial as well as a moisturizing property that produces a cooling effect when applied.
With only a small portion of this aftershave, you get entirely done with the task. Also, it is pocket-friendly, therefore, affordable to most people.
- It has a crisp, fresh scent
- Has moisturizing properties
- It has a shatterproof bottle
- Its price is pocket-friendly
- The refreshing scent doesn’t last long
- The menthol property has a strong odor that may not appeal to everyone.
3. Pinaud Club man After Shave Lotion
If you want to live in the memories of the time when barbers shops used to do the shaving for you, this is an excellent choice of aftershave. Older men and women genuinely appreciate this lotion for its quality and moisturizing properties.
The Pinuad Club man aftershave is a pocket-friendly option that still has a crisp, refreshing, long-lasting fragrance. For this reason, Pinuad Club Man aftershave is a popular choice for most of the younger generations today. It is one of the oldest brands from France with a remarkable reputation.
- It has a long-lasting scent
- Has a pocket-friendly price tag
- It has a wide variety of scents one can choose from
- Has anti-bacterial properties
- The product comes from a respected brand
- The smell doesn’t appeal to everyone
- It has a high alcohol content therefore not suitable for sensitive skin
4. Lucky Tiger Face Tonic and After Shave
The Lucky Tiger is one of the leading men’s aftershave products on the market today. It helps with most of the personal care grooming. Although the company has various after shave products, this particular one is worth your every penny.
The Lucky Tiger aftershave contains natural ingredients like aloe vera, witch hazel, and chamomile. These components ensure that your skin remains fresh and relaxed after shaving. Also, the Vitamin A in the product activates skin repair after you shave, therefore, prevents rashes and irritation.
The aftershave also has a light citrusy fragrance which has hints of tangerine and grapefruit among other properties. All in all, this fragrance is not overpowering, and it fades away immediately after use. That being the case, it is an excellent choice among the colognes and non-cologne wearers.
- It has a classic fragrance
- It has a pocket-friendly price tag
- Has natural ingredients
- It repairs and tones the skin
- Both cologne and non-cologne wearers can use it
- The scent fades off too fast.
5. Skin Bracer After Shave
The Skin Bracer After Shave is one of the oldest aftershaves in the market today that have conquered the test of time successfully. It comes with a robust and straightforward make that can never be phased out by the Morden owners.
This aftershave has a refreshing scent as well as a cooling sensation which is neither too mild nor too strong. In that case, it feels so lovely on the skin after a bath and shaves. It will enhance those good old time memories from your old folk’s times. Also, it has a strong masculine scent, therefore, cannot be used by females.
- It has a mild, masculine scent
- It helps to tighten pores on the skin
- Also, it helps to keep your skin cool
- It leaves your face feeling healthier and younger
- The plastic packaging makes your aftershave have a flat smell.
Finding the perfect aftershave is difficult, but from this list, there are a couple that is sure to suit your needs. Just be sure to shop around a little before you settle for your favorite personal aftershave.