When you’re out on the open green, there is no better feeling. The only thing that can dampen the mood is the feeling that you just can’t get the sun out of your eyes. It’s important to act preventively to ensure that your day on the green isn’t spoiled by the glaring sun. Finding the best sunglasses for golfing will allow you to enjoy the weather while retaining a clear eye on the ball.
Choosing the Right Golfing Sunglasses
When you’re trying to the best sunglasses for golfing, you need to know what features will make a difference on the green. All sunglasses are not created equally or with the same purpose in mind, which is why it’s important to consider your golfing plans before investing in a pair of glasses.
Here are a few important factors to think about:
- Polarization and Nanometer Rating: choosing sunglasses that are polarized is one of the smartest golfing choices. This will be the difference between getting a clear shot and having a slight glare cause you to hit away from your mark. Pay attention to the nanometer rating as well because this is what tells you how effectively the sunglasses block damaging UV rays.
- Frames: when choosing sunglasses for golfing, focus on finding frames that are comfortable to wear and are built durable. You want to the frames to fit naturally on your face, so you don’t spend the walk between each hole adjusting them. Choose frames that wrap around the sides of your face. This will help prevent wind, dust, and debris from irritating your eyes while you play.
- Lens Color: believe it or not, the color of your lenses can affect your ability to play. There are different colors that work in certain ways. It’s ideal to invest in a pair of sunglasses with lenses that are interchangeable. Look for these colors:
- Brown: for high glare conditions
- Grey: for normal golfing conditions.
- Yellow: for better clarity in cloudy conditions.
- Clear: when sun protection is not necessary, but you want to keep wind and dirt out.
- Weight: when you’re choosing your sunglasses for golfing, be sure to think about how heavy they will feel as they sit on your face. You want your golfing sunglasses to be as lightweight as possible so that you feel free to move as necessary.
- Style: there’s no need to compromise your aesthetic style when choosing golfing sunglasses. Think about your favorite golf clothes and choose sunglasses that will complement your style.
Remember, even if you’re not used to wearing sunglasses while golfing, it’s an important habit to develop. The sun can damage your eyes and even lead to cataracts and other degenerative diseases. Stay on top of your eye health and wear your glasses while golfing.
Top 5 Sunglasses for Golfing
1. Duduma Polarized Sports Sunglasses
The Duduma Polarized Sunglasses are an affordable option for your golfing needs that come in a variety of colors to match with your go-to golf attire. These sunglasses have a lightweight yet durable design which will be comfortable and reliable while you’re playing golf.
The polycarbonate lenses and frames are impact and scratch-resistant and unbreakable, so there’s no need to worry about hitting or dropping them while playing.
Duduma cares about customer satisfaction and provides lifetime after sale service on their sunglasses, as well as a 30-day money back guarantee if you’re not satisfied. The lenses have a 100% polarized coating which cuts glare and protects against the sun’s damaging UV rays.
2. DUCO Mens Sports Polarized Sunglasses
The DUCO Polarized Sunglasses are another affordable option available in a variety of colors with different lenses, depending on your needs. These sunglasses are made with 100% UV400 protected lenses to keep your eyes safe in the sun. The polarized lenses block glare and will prevent your eyes from getting fatigued to ensure that you stay sharp on your shots.
The lightweight design is comfortable for many hours of golf, and the wraparound lenses will keep wind, dust, and dirt out. DUCO provides a lifetime breakage warranty on the frames.
3. TOREGE Polarized Sports Sunglasses
The TOREGE Polarized Sports Sunglasses are a sleek option which comes in a variety of color combinations to suit your preferences. This pair of sunglasses is ideal if you’re serious about golfing and play in various conditions, as they come with interchangeable lenses of different colors for specific playing conditions. The rimless frame design provides clear lower vision field for accurate shots.
These glasses are very lightweight and comfortable for hours of wear and are even made with a soft rubber nose pad. TOREGE provides a 30-day money back guarantee and lifetime warranty on frame breakage.
4. RIVBOS Polarized Sports Sunglasses
The RIVBOS Sunglasses are a sleek pair that will keep your eyes protected without bringing discomfort while you play. These glasses are made with polarized lenses which offer 100% UV400 protection.
The glasses come with a hard case for safekeeping and a strap to wear them around your neck when not in use. RIVBOS provides lifetime service on their sunglasses and a lifetime breakage warranty on the frames.
Before investing in your RIVBOS sunglasses, be sure to read up on the type of lenses available to you to best suit your playing conditions. Click here to view RIVBOS Polarized Sports Sunglasses on Amazon.
5. SUNGAIT Men’s Polarized Sunglasses
The SUNGAIT Polarized Sunglasses are designed with composite UV400 polarized lenses, which will protect your eyes against the sun while ensuring that you have clear vision for your game.
The metal frame of these glasses is durable but very lightweight and comfortable for all-day wear. The lenses have no rim at the bottom, increasing your field of vision for difficult shots.
The temple of these sunglasses is adjustable to ensure that you have the most comfortable fit possible while playing golf. When you’ve finished up for the day, these sunglasses will make a great transition to the car for a smooth drive home.
Investing in a good pair of sunglasses will change your golfing experience. Eliminate the glare and protect your eyes while out on the green.