The one place you don’t want to be uncomfortable is your own skin. And underwear is basically a second skin. Of all the things taken off at the end of the day, your underwear usually isn’t one of them. Unbuckle your belt, kick off your shoes, unbutton your dress shirt. But unless you live in a nudist colony, you probably aren’t ripping off your underwear to run around naked. As a result, you want that underwear to be your most comfortable piece of clothing. The best underwear for guys with big thighs is going to accommodate that need for comfort.
If you are a long time fan of tightie whities, this conversation may be a moot point. You must have found some underwear comfortable for you, and the size of your things isn’t really a factor.
When thigh size does become a factor is when you wear boxers or boxer briefs. Boxer briefs for fat guys are not difficult to find, but they can feel a little humiliating. You’re not necessarily fat, you may just be big boned, or a builder who really focuses on thigh lifts during leg day.
Remember, boxers that fit too tightly will ruin your day. You need flow and stretch, bend and twist capabilities. So you’ll likely want to forego most boxer briefs that don’t factor in your size.
Boxers are really the way to go for a guy with big thighs. Boxer gives you plenty of space, and when you buy the ones designed specifically for a guy with big thighs, all your needs will be met. Look for a wider leg cuff, a more forgiving waistband, and a fabric that is forgiving. This way you can be comfortable all day long, and sleep well at night.
Best Underwear for Guys with Big Thighs
1. Fruit of the Loom Boxer Briefs
- Fruit of the Loom is one of the most reliable, long-lasting brands on the underwear market. These shorts come in a four pack and a variety of colors. They range all the way up to XXXL, which can accommodate a 50″ waist, so unless you’re bigger than that, you should be in good shape.
- These shorts are made of 100% cotton, they have contoured legs and reinforced seams. What this means is that you can expect support for your bigger thighs, but not tension. The briefs will hold and stretch as needed.
2. Fruit of the Loom Big Man Knit Boxer
- Remember I said Fruit of the Loom is a long lasting brand? This is why. They have designed boxers specifically for you. These shorts have extra room in the waist and a pull on closure, so you will feel great throughout the day without feeling like your waist is being cut off.
- The thighs of these boxers have larger leg openings, which means that when the occasion calls for you to bend or twist, your boxers will come with you, as opposed to resisting you. This pack comes with three boxers with a variety of colors. Click here to see the pricing for the Fruit of the Loom Big Man Knit Boxer on Amazon.
3. Harbor Bay
- Harbor Bay goes one step farther than the Fruit of the Looms, even though it doesn’t seem possible. These shorts are cut with extra room in the waist larger leg holes, just like the others. The wider leg openings also have supportive fabric, so you don’t have to worry about them riding up into your crotch area, creating chafing and rashes, both horrible things to have to deal with during a workday.
- These shorts are made out of preshrunk cotton, so you don’t have to worry about buying the perfect size only to have them shrink on you. But where Harbor Bay really gets it right is in the reinforced panels on these boxers. When you’re a bigger guy, you need all the support you can get. They come in a pack of 3.
4. Max Shape
- Max Shape has designed a boxer that looks like a boxer but feels like a boxer brief. These underwear flow nicely around your thigh, built specifically for a bigger guy, but they feel supportive like a nice boxer brief. Max Shape uses 95% cotton and 5% elastane, so you get a little extra strength with the elasticity but great absorbency with the cotton.
- The other big selling point to Max Shape is the variety. They have a wide variety of colors and the shorts come in a pack of 6, so you get a long of big bang for your small buck. The size will run all the way up to XXXL, so you should have no problem finding a pair that fit your thighs. These wide leg boxers will serve the best of both worlds, a little boxer, a little brief.
5. Stacy Adams
- These may be the best mens underwear for a fat belly, and I’ll tell you why. The fabric of these boxers is 90% polyester and 10% spandex. These shorts are all about being lightweight, flexible, and stretchy, while also clearly being lose fitting boxers. You will get a button fly closure and antimicrobial fabric.
- These boxers only come in a pack of 1, and they are pricey, for good reason. They are designed for guys with big things and a belly, a man bod, to feel comfortable and relaxed throughout the day, even in the most high-pressure meetings. You can get them in a variety of colors, but for now, perhaps just buy one. You may fall in love and buy one or two pairs in every color. Click here to read more about Stacy Adams on Amazon.
Can’t Take It Off
Because your underwear are one of the only articles of clothing you are pretty much guaranteed to wear throughout the day and night, it is the most important article of clothing for you to enjoy. Do not scrimp on your underwear.
You work hard, and you deserve to go out into the world feeling great and comfortable, no matter what size you are. That comfort begins with your underwear. Get yourself one of the packs from above, or many, and build yourself a strong, confident wardrobe.